You can slather on all the skin care in the world and get every procedure known to man but it won’t matter if you don’t deal with your mindset.
This is not something that most people talk about and honestly most people want the outside fix and avoid the real game changer and that is to deal with yourself and your mind set.
I will tell you a story of how I witnessed first hand aging in reverse in a matter of days. I took a very powerful course many years ago. (if you’d like info, send me an email). During the course I watched people discover the ‘blind spots’ in their life that they didn’t know they didn’t know about. It was amazing!!
When the course was over I could not believe the transformation. It was as if years had been erased from their faces. It was astounding. I had my own personal breakthroughs and truly believe that along with a kick ass skin care regimen combined with my mindset is why I look decades younger than I actually am.
Happiness is a key to looking and feeling younger. Being self aware is such a powerful beauty elixir.
What is most interesting about working on yourself is that while most people avoid it or flat out don’t even know they can change the way they think – it truly is the most exhilarating freeing fun thing you can do for yourself.
Here are some key elements to help you get started and unlock what is the best kept secret in the beauty world.
- First and foremost, understand there is nothing wrong with you. You are not broken. You just have thoughts that stem from a series of events, culture or experiences that have caused you to think a certain way about yourself and others that has shaped your life and results up to this point.
- Find a course or coach that can help you work through anything you are holding on to..guilt, resentment, animosity just to name a few. Anything you carry around with you that is negative is toxic and stressful to your system and ‘stress’ is the number one ager and cause of health problems. Let that sh*t go!
- Be grateful. View everything through a lens of gratitude, even the bad stuff. I would not be the woman I am today if life was easy and perfect. Everything I have learned has been from failure, tragedy and hardship. Look at the things that you are holding on to from a place of – ok this was supposed to happen to me, What can I learn from it? What serves me? and What doesn’t serve me? Remember you are in charge – no one else.
- Say yes more. Most people are a no before they are a yes and this allows for close minded, judgment and past thoughts to be in charge. When you say Yes and are Open-Minded you trigger something that allows for growth, fun, learning and changing.
“One of the greatest days of my life was when I realized that what I believe isn’t the truth”
Read and Grow!! The only way to change how we think is to introduce new ways of thinking and we can do that through reading personal development books.
Here are the books that made the biggest impact on my life:
- Conversations with God, Neal Donald Walsch
- New Earth, Eckhart Tolle
- Untethered Soul, Michael Singer
- The Power of Your Subconscious Mind, Joseph Murphy
Don’t underestimate the power of your mind when it comes to looking and feeling your best. This is the magic factor!!